Friday, January 7, 2011

1 Year Old!!


Boy time has flown by this year and our precious Paisley is 1 year old! It seems like no time ago we were loading her up in the carrier for the first time, bringing our bundle of joy home. With that same bundle of joy came a new part of life that started with lots and I mean LOTS of crying and sleepless nights, but led to smiles, giggles, a funky crawl, first steps, first words, and an overall love I didn't know existed. I say to Paisley often "Do you know how much I love you?" while knowing she doesn't because I had no idea how much my Mom loves me and my siblings until I had her. It's a love that you can't explain, that seems to grow deeper everyday. We are so blessed to have this precious gift, and thank God for her every day. What an amazing year it has been!

So here is what Little Miss is up to these days...

  • Is up to about 20-25 words now! Also says "moooo" for a cow, has meowed like a cat once, and when asked what Santa says, she answers "Ho, Ho!", and says "uh-oh" when something is dropped.
  • Still sitting at only 4 teeth. I have been saying over a month I think she is teething though. Just waiting for that next tooth to make it's appearance.
  • Started drinking whole milk this week.
  • LOVES books, especially board books, and books with animals in them. She can point out a duck, cow, pig, cat, dog, and sometimes horse. She says duck, dog, and mooos for the cow. :)
  • Enjoys climbing on everything she can! She loves the slide my parents got her for Christmas since she can climb up the back, and loves climbing the stairs on our way up for nap time. (My attempt to be sure she is wore out!) She also loves to climb in and out of her chair that Jason's parents bought her for Christmas.
  • Wears mostly 12 month clothes, but a lot are still a bit big. She also has some 9m outfits we are still wearing that fit well, and some that are too big!
  • Size 1 shoe. She can do a size 2 at Target. :)
  • Size 2 diapers.
  • Weighs 18 lbs (5th percentile)
    28 inches long (25th percentile)

We went to the Dr on Friday for her 1 yr check-up, and I snapped a couple of pictures while we waited. Poor baby, she had no idea what was coming for her (4 shots and a toe prick) She did okay though. I do think 4 shots is way too many to get at once. Just plain TRAUMATIZING. If there are that many at once again I may opt to split them up. Holding her down to get that many pokes was horrible for all parties involved! (Pay no attention to the blue trimmed socks- she had on pink leggings but they had to go for the shots).


WE LOVE YOU PAISLEY LANE! More than you could ever know!



No comments:

Post a Comment