Saturday, August 28, 2010
Friday, August 27, 2010
Our Paisley-girl is now 8 months old! We are enjoying this little angel every minute. She has so much personality, and is a little ball of energy. And when I say little, I mean tiny, weighing in at around 14lbs. :) Here are the accomplishments she has made this past month:
- Crawls like it's nothing. She can fly across a room. That little peg leg crawl you saw a few posts a go, has now turned into a "half-crawl, half-walk" as she uses her left knee to crawl normally, and her right foot to walk. Because of this, she has a much wider stride and moves FAST!
- Pulls up on everything. The couch, toys, tables, chairs, legs, the back door, the wall, whatever she can balance on.
- Lets go once she gets pulled up and steady with one hand. Sometimes both hands and lasts about 3 seconds before she grabs back on, or falls to her bottom. She also has discovered that she can lean on whatever she has pulled up on, and play with both hands.
- Has taken 1 step, hands free! She was at the love seat and decided she wanted to go to the couch. So she let go, took one step toward the couch, and then fell. I don't think she can get that other foot in front fast enough yet. Take your time Paisley, we are in no hurry!
- Says "dada" ALL THE TIME. She loves this new found skill! We just started working on "mama". :)
- Discovered the stairs, and crazy me, wanted to see if she could climb them...and she could, all the way up to the top. Now we have a gate at the bottom because apparently that was a lot of fun and she wants to do it several times a day!
- Is learning to like her pack and play. I had to get it back out to put her in at times so she is "caged" as Jason calls it. :) She does pretty well, but once she is tired of it, she pulls up, and pulls her body up on the side. (Like a chin up). This kid is out of control.
- CLIMBS like a monkey. (hence the stairs) Mom always said I was a "climber" and now I am getting it back. Paisley climbs in her car seat, on top on boxes, etc. When she pulls up, if there is anything higher she can reach, she is trying to go higher.
- Eats cereal/oatmeal and half of a stage 2 fruit for breakfast. A stg 2 veggie and 1/2 fruit for lunch. Cereal/stg 2 veggie and stg 2 fruit for dinner.
- Nurses 4-5 times per day, but is starting to loose interest. She doesn't want to be still long enough!
- We believe her soy allergy is now gone. I have been dabbling in soy here and there, and she has had no reaction. So last weekend we ate full blown Japanese food, soy sauce and all, and she didn't mind one bit. That opens my diet up to a whole new world! Maybe soon I will be brave enough to try dairy... who knows.
- Plays "Peek a boo" with a blanket.
- Loves to be read to before nap and bedtime. If I lift the page up a bit, she will grab the page and turn it for me. (On board books) :) I just love it! We need to get it on video so you can see too.
- Has mastered the trainer sippy cup.
- Goes to sleep around 8:00pm, and sleeps until around 7:00am. I never get her up earlier than 7, even if she wakes up, she will play until 7, or go back to sleep. Sometimes she will sleep until 7:30. (NICE!)
- Takes 2 naps per day. Usually one good 2 hour nap, and a shorter 1- 1.5 hour nap.
- Still goes down awake, and puts herself to sleep. (Best thing EVER!)
- Wears size 1/2 diapers. Size 6 months clothes mostly, with a few 6-9 m, and a few 3-6 month :) Her sleepers are mostly 3-6m.
- Now has 2 bottom teeth!!
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
A few of you other wives of residents will get a kick out of this one. One night he was asleep and I couldn't get him to wake up enough to set his alarm. I ended up asking what time he needed to get up. He said he didn't know so I asked what time he needed to start rounding. He said "Probably right now." It was about midnight, and he actually usually has to leave around 4:00/4:30. That was pretty good.
Now I don't want this to sound like I am making fun in ANY WAY, or that I don't 100% support him. Because trust me, he and I crack up at some of the things he says, and some of the ways he falls asleep. We both get a kick out of this whole situation...the next day. :) That night, it's not much fun.
So I have taken a few pictures of Jason "going down trying" and shown it to him the next day. He usually cracks up, like I said, we both get a kick out of it later. Here are a few of him in action...or lack of...
Asleep, sitting up, reading the "Handbook of Fractures"
And our favorite...
Poor guy! It really is horrible to be that sleepy, in fact, I can't even imagine. We try to make the best of the situation, by making it a joke, but it's also quiet dangerous, so if you are ever awake in the middle of the night, say a quick prayer for J, and the other residents because they have to drive like this.
Monday, August 2, 2010
- At her 6 month appointment, she weighed 13 lbs, (10th percentile) and was 24 inches long. (50th percentile)
- Started crawling in mid July, now is a very speedy crawler. This girl is EVERYWHERE.
- Pulls up on the tables, chairs, toys, her crib, etc.
- Eats Gerber Puffs like a champ.
- Has tried almost all fruits and veggies and LOVES her baby food!
- Takes 2 naps a day, usually 1 1/2 - 2 hours each.
- SHE IS SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! She goes to bed about 8:30, and has been sleeping until about 7am! Praise the Lord! We are both much happier now that we are well rested :) She still wakes up some, but goes back to sleep on her own. YAHOOO! (This is her favorite sleeping position) :)
- Is put down awake for bedtime, and naps. She has now learned to put herself to sleep, which I believe was the main factor in her learning to sleep all night.
- Paisley went on her first airplane ride in June, and did really well. She slept the whole way there, both flights. On the way back it was a bit harder, but overall, she did great!
- Went to her first professional baseball game. RED vs BRAVES, and sported her Braves hat :)
We are having a blast with Paisley and we are so thankful for our precious gift!