Monday, December 20, 2010
Sunday, December 19, 2010
(Yes, we still use the Bumbo seat because she is so little that I feel like it gives her a bit of a boost, and must be a lot more comfortable.) Here she is strolling around. Can't seem to get a good picture of her looking at the camera, because ours pre-flashes, which makes her blink for the real flash. Anyone know if you can turn that option off?
And here she was kissing her reflection in the stove. She is giving kisses a lot more often now! Mostly, when you least expect it, full on, open mouth, and goes for your mouth. She will not settle for the cheek. :)
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Occasionally, I take Paisley to the play area in the Mall and let her run around and she loves it! I know it's dirty and nasty, but I always practically hose her off when we leave, and she has the best time. Here she is running around the play house there. Enjoy!
Friday, December 10, 2010
Paisley has recently taken off with her talking, surprising us all the time at what she can say! A few nights ago, I told Paisley to "tell Daddy night night" and to our shock, she looked at Jason and said "night night Dada". WHAT? It seems like no time ago she wasn't saying anything, now she says about 15 words! Another big surprise was "banana". I know, you probably think I'm crazy, but my Mom and Jason have both witnessed this with me! She didn't say it on the video above, but maybe I can catch it another time. A few of her words are hi, bye bye, night night, Momma, Dada, Popa, Papaw, Tyke (Ty), light, ball, puff, bite, duck, bath, and of course banana! We are loving this stage in Paisley's development as she continues to amaze us every day. She is also starting to follow one step directions, which is GREAT for helping Momma out. Have a good weekend!
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Friday, November 5, 2010
Our little Paisley girl is growing and growing. She is such an amazing blessing to us and we love her more every day. (if that's possible!) She amazes us with learning new skills and her sweet personality. Can't believe she is already 10 months old. I am starting to plan her first birthday party. Looking forward to it! Here's what she has been up to lately.
- Paisley has said her first word, and a few more. She now says "ball" every time she sees one, even recognizes them in books. We were out shopping this week and we saw Christmas ornaments and she kept saying "ball" and pointing. Last Sunday I wore a polka dotted jacket to church, and she would point to the dots and say "ball". We thought that was pretty clever! She also says, hi, bye-bye, hello (sorta), bath, Dada, Momma, and just started saying Pa-pa working towards Papaw and Papa Ron. :)
- She took her first long stride walking at 9 months, 1 week. Now, she walks everywhere! She can walk room to room, maneuver around things, turn and go a different direction, etc. She's getting pretty good! I have to say it has been easier going out in town with her. When she needs a break from the stroller, I can put her down and let her a walk a little bit.
- Paisley has discovered the world of cabinets and drawers, and all the fun things inside them. Hoping to get locks on this weekend...
- She loves to wave at people everywhere we go. She is quite friendly!
- Happy to say that her dairy allergy is completely gone! Paisley and I both enjoy our cheese, milk, yogurts, etc, now! She just had macaroni and cheese last week for the first time and loved it.
- Paisley mostly eats what Jason and I are eating. I think she has some texture issues though, as she will eat vegetables smashed up (like baby food) all day, but if I give her cooked carrots, green beans, peas, she gags. Literally GAGS. I don't get it. Sometimes I hide them in mashed potatoes, soup, etc, and she's ok, but she refuses to pick them up and feed herself like she does everything else. She L.O.V.E.S. meat. She will eat all the chicken, turkey, beef, off her plate before touching anything else. She also likes bread/pasta, and of course fruit. Her favorite thing may be Baby Mum Mum rice crackers. She will go in the kitchen, open the cabinet, and get them out, and bring me both handfuls of packs. SHe also nurses 3 times a day.
- Still a little thing, weighing in at 15.5 lbs, and 27 1/2 inches long. That puts her below the 5th % for weight, and at 10th-20th % for height. Her doctor says she is growing at her own little pace and he's not worried at all. She's just going to be petite.
- Speaking of petite, she still wears size 1-2 diapers, although the next box will be size 2. She wears size 6-9 clothes, mostly, some 6 month, and very few 9 month. I am hoping she can wear all those adorable 12m Christmas outfits we have!
- Wear a size 2 shoe, and that's a problem for a child who walks. :) I have a hard time finding her size with no slip bottoms! The last pair I bought were size 3-6 months. I have found that Pedipeds work best (size 0-6 months!). I honestly don't know how she balances on that tiny foot of hers.
- Paisley has 4 teeth, 2 top, and 2 bottom.
Happy 10th Mirthday (month-birthday) Paisley! We love you very much!
Friday, October 29, 2010
Jayden- 3 yrs old
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Friday, October 15, 2010
I have been working with Paisley since she was 4-5 months old on doing some Sign Language. Nothing much, I just want her to be able to tell me when she is hungry, thirsty, full, etc. I am hoping if we can teach her to communicate (before she can talk) it will cut down on the inevitable crying/fits, etc that comes with being a toddler. Especially if she can sign us her basic needs. She surprised me a few nights ago when I asked if she were "all done?" and she signed "all done" back to me! It was her own, modified way, but clearly, "all done". I was so proud of her! Here she is a few nights later, signing for us. Have a great Friday!
Thursday, October 14, 2010
I have been following Paisley around for the past several days trying to catch her walking, but as soon as she sees the camera, she drops down and crawls over to check it out. She is still mostly crawling, but walks short distances, and occasionally longer strides from time to time. Here she is waving away, and at the end, you catch a little "Bye!"
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Just about to go to bed and I can't help but look back on this day and be so thankful for what it was. Woke up to an angel talking in the room a few doors down, and it was a beautiful cool Fall morning. A bit later, that same angel has had breakfast, played a bit, and is down for a nap, and Jason calls and says he's on his way home. (WHAT!?!? You mean MY husband is going to actually be in this house when it's daylight? Holy cow!) So Jason comes in and has me breakfast in his hand. A Hardees biscuit. And may I just remind you that I haven't been eating dairy in almost 8 1/2 months? I just started eating a few things here and there in September, but still have been to afraid to go all out that it will make Paisley sick. So a Hardees sausage biscuit was a big splurge for me (it's time to try something big, -says the Pediatrician) and boy was it delish. I mean I think I savored every last bite.
- Cool fall morning.
- Baby sleeping peacefully in her crib.
- Husband home and sitting beside me. (RARE)
- Hardees sausage and egg biscuit in hand.
- Coffee in other hand :)
- Mulled cider candle burning.
- College Game Day on TV.
Later on, Paisley wakes up and Jason gets her out of her crib, and she is thrilled. I sit back and watch my baby girl play delightfully with her Daddy. For the 2nd time this week. She saw him Sunday, and not again until Thursday night for 15 minutes, and now today. She (and he) are both soaking this up. Next, Jason has to leave for a while, but my Grandparents who live in Northern Ohio stop by. We had the best visit, and I am just so happy they came over. By the time they have to leave Jason is already back. Paisley naps a while, and so do I actually, while Jason watches the Tennessee game. When she wakes up, we play a while, and she WALKS! SHe is playing by herself, and out of no where, she starts walking across the living room! Jason and I both about jump out of our seats and scream, in fact as soon as she gets to the pack and play, we do jump and scream! We are so proud of her! I predicted last week that she would be walking by Monday, and I was right! It was so amazing to see her walking, and I am SOOOO thankful Jason was here to witness it too. What an incredible moment. She was so proud of herself. Hope to catch it on video soon so you can see it too. :) Jason then leaves, and Pais and I have dinner, and start getting ready for bed. We are going up the stairs when we hear the garage door open and I am so surprised that Jason is home again! Call weekends are never like this! He is here for her bedtime, and then we even get a little time to talk once she's in bed, and he even gets a nap before being called back in. So thankful for such a great day! We needed it to be honest. Things have been quiet crazy lately with Jason's work, so I am so happy he was able to be here today, even though he is on call all weekend. Now, if he can get some sleep tonight, that will put the cherry on top.