Friday, November 19, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Paisley had a great first Halloween! She was a precious pink Daisy flower. (my most favorite flower!) She did a great job wearing her hood for the night. She loved socializing with the neighbors and walking around outside. She did get very spooked by the giant Winnie the Pooh that brought her a sucker (she screamed in terror) but other than that, she did very well. By the end of the night, she was exhausted, and conked out in her car seat, costume and all. Already looking forward to next year!
Friday, November 5, 2010
Our little Paisley girl is growing and growing. She is such an amazing blessing to us and we love her more every day. (if that's possible!) She amazes us with learning new skills and her sweet personality. Can't believe she is already 10 months old. I am starting to plan her first birthday party. Looking forward to it! Here's what she has been up to lately.
- Paisley has said her first word, and a few more. She now says "ball" every time she sees one, even recognizes them in books. We were out shopping this week and we saw Christmas ornaments and she kept saying "ball" and pointing. Last Sunday I wore a polka dotted jacket to church, and she would point to the dots and say "ball". We thought that was pretty clever! She also says, hi, bye-bye, hello (sorta), bath, Dada, Momma, and just started saying Pa-pa working towards Papaw and Papa Ron. :)
- She took her first long stride walking at 9 months, 1 week. Now, she walks everywhere! She can walk room to room, maneuver around things, turn and go a different direction, etc. She's getting pretty good! I have to say it has been easier going out in town with her. When she needs a break from the stroller, I can put her down and let her a walk a little bit.
- Paisley has discovered the world of cabinets and drawers, and all the fun things inside them. Hoping to get locks on this weekend...
- She loves to wave at people everywhere we go. She is quite friendly!
- Happy to say that her dairy allergy is completely gone! Paisley and I both enjoy our cheese, milk, yogurts, etc, now! She just had macaroni and cheese last week for the first time and loved it.
- Paisley mostly eats what Jason and I are eating. I think she has some texture issues though, as she will eat vegetables smashed up (like baby food) all day, but if I give her cooked carrots, green beans, peas, she gags. Literally GAGS. I don't get it. Sometimes I hide them in mashed potatoes, soup, etc, and she's ok, but she refuses to pick them up and feed herself like she does everything else. She L.O.V.E.S. meat. She will eat all the chicken, turkey, beef, off her plate before touching anything else. She also likes bread/pasta, and of course fruit. Her favorite thing may be Baby Mum Mum rice crackers. She will go in the kitchen, open the cabinet, and get them out, and bring me both handfuls of packs. SHe also nurses 3 times a day.
- Still a little thing, weighing in at 15.5 lbs, and 27 1/2 inches long. That puts her below the 5th % for weight, and at 10th-20th % for height. Her doctor says she is growing at her own little pace and he's not worried at all. She's just going to be petite.
- Speaking of petite, she still wears size 1-2 diapers, although the next box will be size 2. She wears size 6-9 clothes, mostly, some 6 month, and very few 9 month. I am hoping she can wear all those adorable 12m Christmas outfits we have!
- Wear a size 2 shoe, and that's a problem for a child who walks. :) I have a hard time finding her size with no slip bottoms! The last pair I bought were size 3-6 months. I have found that Pedipeds work best (size 0-6 months!). I honestly don't know how she balances on that tiny foot of hers.
- Paisley has 4 teeth, 2 top, and 2 bottom.
Happy 10th Mirthday (month-birthday) Paisley! We love you very much!