Saturday, October 9, 2010

Perfect Fall Day



Just about to go to bed and I can't help but look back on this day and be so thankful for what it was. Woke up to an angel talking in the room a few doors down, and it was a beautiful cool Fall morning. A bit later, that same angel has had breakfast, played a bit, and is down for a nap, and Jason calls and says he's on his way home. (WHAT!?!? You mean MY husband is going to actually be in this house when it's daylight? Holy cow!) So Jason comes in and has me breakfast in his hand. A Hardees biscuit. And may I just remind you that I haven't been eating dairy in almost 8 1/2 months? I just started eating a few things here and there in September, but still have been to afraid to go all out that it will make Paisley sick. So a Hardees sausage biscuit was a big splurge for me (it's time to try something big, -says the Pediatrician) and boy was it delish. I mean I think I savored every last bite.



So picture this..




  • Cool fall morning.


  • Baby sleeping peacefully in her crib.


  • Husband home and sitting beside me. (RARE)


  • Hardees sausage and egg biscuit in hand.


  • Coffee in other hand :)


  • Mulled cider candle burning.


  • College Game Day on TV.



Ahhh, perfection.


Later on, Paisley wakes up and Jason gets her out of her crib, and she is thrilled. I sit back and watch my baby girl play delightfully with her Daddy. For the 2nd time this week. She saw him Sunday, and not again until Thursday night for 15 minutes, and now today. She (and he) are both soaking this up. Next, Jason has to leave for a while, but my Grandparents who live in Northern Ohio stop by. We had the best visit, and I am just so happy they came over. By the time they have to leave Jason is already back. Paisley naps a while, and so do I actually, while Jason watches the Tennessee game. When she wakes up, we play a while, and she WALKS! SHe is playing by herself, and out of no where, she starts walking across the living room! Jason and I both about jump out of our seats and scream, in fact as soon as she gets to the pack and play, we do jump and scream! We are so proud of her! I predicted last week that she would be walking by Monday, and I was right! It was so amazing to see her walking, and I am SOOOO thankful Jason was here to witness it too. What an incredible moment. She was so proud of herself. Hope to catch it on video soon so you can see it too. :) Jason then leaves, and Pais and I have dinner, and start getting ready for bed. We are going up the stairs when we hear the garage door open and I am so surprised that Jason is home again! Call weekends are never like this! He is here for her bedtime, and then we even get a little time to talk once she's in bed, and he even gets a nap before being called back in. So thankful for such a great day! We needed it to be honest. Things have been quiet crazy lately with Jason's work, so I am so happy he was able to be here today, even though he is on call all weekend. Now, if he can get some sleep tonight, that will put the cherry on top.

1 comment:

  1. That is so great that Jason was there to see her walk. She probably was waiting for him to be home to show you guys that she can walk all by herself:) I am glad that you had such a nice day, you definitely deserved it. One day at a time right. That is what Nate and I keep saying to each other.

    ReplyDelete