Sunday, March 28, 2010

3 months!


Paisley is officially 3 months old now and doing wonderful! She has become more alert everyday during her wake times, and overall is just a much happier baby. Mom always told me that when 3 months comes around, we may be surprised at how much better she suddenly is, and Mom was right! Here is what our Little Miss is up to these days.
  • Eats every 3 hours during the day, followed by a 45min - 1 hour "wake time", then a nap until the next feeding time.

  • Spends her wake times in her pack and play playing for some of the time by herself, in her bouncer, on her play mat, and we are starting to try the "pod" seat, or just hanging out with Mom and Dad.

  • Still loves the Moby wrap, and gets some of her best daytime sleep there. I have been grocery shopping with her in it so I can use the full basket of the buggy, and we have gone walking a few times using it instead of the stroller when she has been more on the fussy side. If you are ever looking for a baby carrier, I HIGHLY recommend this one. It's fabulous!

  • Starting to like her swing more and more (can I get an AMEN?). She even falls asleep in in now for naps, which is a first for Paisley. Have you ever noticed that any sleeping pictures of Paisley that you've ever seen have been with one of us holding her? Yeah, well, that's because she wouldn't sleep any other way. :) Until now! We discovered this when Popa Ron and Gigi came in for the weekend, and I came downstairs after a shower and Paisley was swinging away in her swing, happy as can be. I noticed she was going really high, but she liked it, so great. Jason and I had been putting her in there on a 3 or maybe 4, well, Gigi had put her in on a 6! Paisley prefers the roller-coaster setting! So now, I put her in there about nap time on 6, and she will go to sleep on her own for about 30 minutes. Still not great, but MUCH IMPROVED!

  • This may be more of a 4-month thing, since the first night actually happened on her 3 month birthday, but I will go ahead and share it now. I was a Babies R Us on Saturday with Paisley, and saw a rocker/bassinet that had an incline for a basket. It's called a "Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper". Well, at this point I will try about anything and it was only $49.99, and i had a 20% off coupon, so I bought it. That night, Paisley slept 4 straight hours in it, which is great for her! The next night, we did her whole bedtime routine, (which is eat (breastfeed) bath, play, swaddle, sleep a while, then get a bottle of formula) and she went down for the first time about 9:00, woke up at 10:30 and got her bottle, then slept until 4:30am! Holy cow! That's for sure a first! She has slept for at least a 4 hour stretch every night since we bought it. SLEEP-What a wonderful thing!
  • She is also "talking" a tone more, saying lots of vowel sounds now. She is even making a new razzy sounds, and it's so adorable.
  • She will not like that I said this one day, but another thing that has changed in the past week or so (since she has been so much happier) is that she has gone from having 1 messy diaper every 2-3 days, to now having 2-3 messy diapers PER DAY. We were a bit concerned about her only having 1 every 2-3 days, but the pediatrician said it was uncommon for a breastfed baby, but fine. Maybe that was not fine for her after all. I guess you never know, every baby is different. I am just so thankful she is getting straightened out.

Thanks for checking our blog! Hopefully soon I will start putting videos on so you can see Little Miss in action. I want to catch her "talking". So sweet!

2 comments:

  1. We love your blog:) Thanks for sharing:)

    Billy & Stacey Hildenbrand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aubrie!! Paisley is so precious! Thanks for updating so much and for all the pictures. I am SO glad that she is figuring things out and getting a bit more "regular". :) And I'm so glad she is letting you get some sleep...the world just seems like a better place when that happens. I am so sorry that I haven't called you in SO LONG. I am horrible at phone calls, but I would love to call and chat sometime. Hope you guys have a blessed Easter. We miss you both(all)!

    ReplyDelete