Friday, December 4, 2009

Busy Weekend Ahead

This weekend we are going to be so busy, but it will be lots of fun. Today is not bad, since Jason is on call we don't make plans for Friday night, so I am hoping for a nice evening at home with him. Hopefully he won't get too many calls. I have beef stew in the crock pot for dinner. Mmmm. So no cooking once he is home. I am going today to get pampered a little by having my hair cut, a mini facial, and a manicure this afternoon. I am even considering getting a few highlights even though I have never put a drop of color on my hair before. I don't know if I am trying to make up for the fatness, or what, but I need something! There is no shame in highlighting your hair, I just have never done it. I just want that summer, sun touched look... We'll see if I chicken out.

Saturday will be a busy one as I have a joint baby shower tomorrow at 2:00, with the orthopedic surgeon wives. They are too sweet to do a shower for us, I am looking forward to it! We also are planning on putting the car seat in the car, and hanging blinds and curtains in Paisley's room. I of course need Jason for those things as he will have to do the blinds and hang the curtain rod while I iron the curtains. We are getting closer to being done in Paisley's room, just waiting on a few more things for the walls. I have ordered a monogram for above her crib, and another wall word for above her changer, and I am painting a small picture to put above her chest. I have sorted through her clothes in preparation of washing them soon, and it's so funny that I have 3 stacks of pink. Dark pinks and other dark colors, lighter pinks, and white with pink. Boy is she going to be a girly girl! Just like her Momma!

Saturday night we have Jason's Christmas party, which will be lots of fun I think. All 3 ortho interns and wives are going, which I am so happy about, and I know of a few other ortho couples going, and it will be great to get together with everyone. The dinner is a really nice one, at the Dayton Art Institute, and the dress is cocktail/formal. Are you kidding me!?! Any other time I would LOVE to get all dressed up in formal attire but really, at 9 months pregnant...ugh. I got a dress that fits my boulder belly and it is pretty comfortable, so I think it will be okay. My friend Lacey (one of the other interns wives) is also very pregnant and she is going, so that will be nice to have another expecting momma there too. The dinner is for all Grandview Residents and all Medical Staff. It will be fun to meet all the people Jason works with!

Sunday things will calm down a bit, but we are having a Maternity photo shoot done here at home at 1:00. I was a little hesitant to get them done, but I am afraid if we don't we will regret it. I am hoping for a few close up belly shots, but mostly pictures of Jason and I together, and maybe even bring Tyke in for a few. :) I think it will be very worth it, and we will look back and be glad we did it.

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. WOW fun weekend!! can't wait to see hte pictures of your belly and of Paisley's room! can't believe you are getting the car seats in....crunch time allready!!! YEY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're ready....installing the car seat is a good idea. I had to put Hannah's in the night my membranes ruptured (fun times). LOL!

    Can't wait to see pictures of Paisley's room once you're finished!

    And I'm SO glad you decided to get some maternity pictures taken...we've done it with each pregnancy, and we love looking at them (especially now that Josiah is old enough to understand what 'the belly' is all about). Plus, we've taken the 'hands making a heart around the belly button' picture with each baby and hang it each child's room...so fun!

    ReplyDelete