Sunday, November 29, 2009

Excited? Check. Nervous? Check. Anxious? CHECK CHECK!

Tomorrow is yet another non-stress test for Paisley and I, and an ultrasound to check her growth, and boy am I nervous about this one. Jason is very calm and thinks everything will be fine, and deep down I think I do too, but some part of me is very anxious about this appointment, and I don't like it. Dr. Day has told me that if we ever go in for an ultrasound or a non-stress test and don't like what we see, we will deliver her, because she may do better once she is born, but I don't think they would take her at this point unless they were really cautious, or really worried. She has been growing the way she should, and putting on weight nicely, but still is very small, the biggest part of her is just in the 15th percentile, and her abdomen is just in the 3rd percentile, but they say as long as she continues to grow, and the twice weekly non-stress tests are good, we will push on until the 28th... Well on Wednesday I went to the Dr for my NST (non-stress test) and he measured my belly, and now it is measuring 3 1/2 weeks behind, too. (and holy cow, have you seen my belly?? SMALL is not a word I would use to describe it!) Until then, Paisley has measured small, but my belly has always been right on. In fact, I measured 32 cm at 32 weeks, and just measured 31 cm at 34 1/2 weeks. And I only gained a pound in that 2 weeks. Maybe she has just dropped, and that is why my belly is measuring smaller, and goodness knows I could stand to not gain that extra pound, but you just never know what's going on in there! I guess we will find out tomorrow. We are 35 weeks along now, and would love to see at least 36, and 38 would be even better. I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. your story is similar to mine! i've been going to the doctor EVERY week since i was 28 weeks for nst tests and ultrasounds. i had preterm labor issues though, but it's funny to read your blog because i think we feel exactly the same way! they were hoping graham made it to 35 weeks, and now we're almost at 38 and i'm officially ready for him to make an appearance. i'm glad things are looking great for little paisley. i completely understand how nerve wracking it all is when they give you even the slightest hint that something could be an issue. but God is good! and his timing is perfct! yay for precious holiday babies!!

    ReplyDelete